Need to hire a great hall? Look no further, you have just found the perfect, spacious, competitively priced venue with fantastic brand new kitchen facilities.
St. Mary's Church Hall is a lovely clean, warm and light venue, perfect for groups to meet in, ideal for dancing, drama, sports, exhibitions, meetings or partying on a wood block floor.
We currently have some under used time slots available, with good availability on TUESDAYS, WEDNESDAYS, THURSDAYS and SATURDAYS. We offer generous discounts to loyal regular users and can assist new groups to become established with subsidised rates for a start up period.
You can request a booking by using our booking form and if you want to know something that you can't find the answer to on this page, please email the Bookings Manager.
Main Church Hall
Main Hall: This is a large hall available for hire on either a one off or on a regular basis. The main hall is accessed through the metal gates in Silverless Street and then through the double wooden doors straight ahead in the picture above. The step-free entrance provides easy access for wheel-chair users. You can be dropped off by car outside and the nearest parking is close by in the High Street.
The hall is perfect for younger childrens' birthday parties and it is permitted for you to hire and use a bouncy castle in the hall if required. If you are thinking about hiring a bouncy castle for extra fun at your party why not book our hall and use Bounce R Us to supply your bouncy castle and they will give you 10% off of the hire price when you tell them in advance that it is to be used in our hall. The hall is large enough for a bouncy castle with plenty of room left for other activities, and of course, the party food and cake ! The address and postcode for navigational purposes is given at the top of this page.
The main hall offers the following facilities:
- A large clean wooden floor area approximately 12M x 9M which comfortably seats about 70 people but we have seen over 100 seated in there before now and up to 130 people standing.
- A light and airy feel with windows and curtains for that cosy feeling in the evenings.
- Electricity is included in the hire charge as is heating between October and April.
- 70 stackable adult sized chairs.
- A range of child sized tables and chairs.
- 6 Gopak large standard height tables, 70 cm high which is a comfortable height for eating from. They are 183cm long x 76 cm wide.
- 3 smaller Gopak tables, 120 cm x 60 cm and only 60 cm high.
- 6 even smaller Gopac tables 120 cm x 60 cm and only 50 cm high - bought for children to draw on.
- 8 square tables 2ft x 2ft (60 x 60 cm) with tubular steel frames. Again 70 cm high, somewhat old fashioned but can sit 4 people for tea and cake.
- Free use of Wi-Fi.
- Toilets, including disabled access facilities.
- A kitchen available for the use of the hirer, equipped with an oven and hob, small fridge (under the worktop), urn, tea pot, about 70 plates, cups, saucers and some cutlery.
- Equipment storage space is provided for regular users of the hall.
- A small paved area outside the main hall can be used with evening and weekend bookings.
We often receive some great feedback; this is what Imogen, who booked it for a party recently has to say about it:
"I have been trying to sit down at my computer for a week and a half to say thank you so much for the use of the hall on the 31st. We had such a great time, well, it was utter chaos but the kids enjoyed it. My mother (a vicar's wife) and my aunt (a vicar) were both extremely jealous of your facilities at the hall. What a perfect place. It just couldn't have been easier or more convenient. I will try to book it for my daughter's birthday party in January shortly!! With thanks again for all your help, Imogen."
After a birthday party booking, Emma wrote, "Just a quick one to say a huge thank you for arranging the hire of the hall for us. It worked perfectly. The kitchen area and children size tables and chairs were perfect! We all had a great, if slightly chaotic, time with the bouncy castle, face painting and martial arts themed games! My daughter (who's 5th birthday it was) had a wonderful time and is still talking about it!"
And following a conference about fungi, we received this feedback: "Many many thanks for your help and the use of St. Mary's Church Hall - it has been a wonderful venue for our conference and the feedback has been overwhelmingly good!"