History of St Mary's
We know there was a church in Marlborough in 1091 and St Mary's is first mentioned explicitly in 1223. The church famously burnt down in 1653 and was restored by Cromwell's Parliament. Interested to find out more? Have a look at our church history leaflet for further information.
Isle Nikolsky researched St Mary's Marlborough Vicar's Library - to read her article, completed in April 2019, please click here.
For a link to Wiltshire County Council information about St Mary's click here.
More information, including access to historic archives, can be found at the Wiltshire and Swindon History Centre which is now located in Chippenham.
Please click here for contact details.